A slew of businesses and government agencies were hit hard yesterday by a new and rapidly spreading malware attack which is targeting unsuspecting email users. The malware message tempts the user to click on what appears to be an Adobe Acrobat .pdf file attachment. In reality, this .pdf file is a malicious program which takes control of your machine. We urge you to take extreme caution when clicking on any email attachments and confirm that you recognize the sender and attachment before opening it. More information on the latest virus is available from ABC News
Ciscom customers that subscribe to our SPAM filtering program, Reflexion, should be protected, but following basic security recommendations is a must! At a minimum, you should...
• keep your antivirus and security software up-to-date;
• eliminate non-business related internet traffic on your billing computers/network;
• consider upgrading all software to the newest version;
• check your banking and charge account balances frequently and review charges carefully;
• evaluate and mitigate any and all security holes in your network.
The time has never been better for a security audit of your system. If you need assistance implementing these recommendations, please contact CisCom's helpdesk at (502) 253-4525 x1.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment